Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yin & Yang

They say opposites attract but geez, sometimes they are annoying as hell!

Dan loves his mornings, I (I'm Laurie, BTW) do not! There are many things I adopted from my parents which I still live by (I know, crazy huh?), sleeping in is one of them. Dan usually makes it a point however to take that away from me, wanting me to tackle the day with him, ugh!

Well, today was no exception of me wanting to sleep in. After staying up late to watch a movie, then being up even later with a sick Kylie, I had no intention of getting up before 9:30 this morning. To my surprise, Dan shut the door to the room so the dogs could not bother me and I would not hear the roaring of the TV or music. I thought, wow! perhaps it is because my birthday is in a couple of days, or because he appreciates the fact I took care of the sick little one last night... either way, I was pleased that he cared so much for me to let me sleep.

As Dan entered the room I became slightly coherent and asked him how Kylie was doing. He responds with "She is laying right next to you, that is why I shut the door- so the dogs would not wake her."

Hmm, well I still appreciated being able to sleep in today. Thanks Ky!

2 comments:

[lisa] said...

Ha ha. I love it. :)

Token Asian Friend said...

How about I send over my sick kids for your birthday! Just kidding, because my kids AREN'T sick, but I'm glad I found out VIA THE INTERNET that your kid is.

I hope Kylie feels better.