Thursday, October 9, 2008

Church + Paper + Crayons = Embarassment


It's been approximatly 10 years since I've been to church on my own willingness. Kylie has been asking about it lately so I took her last Sunday, being 5 years old, I brought a pen and paper with me to help entertain her while I took a nap. OK, so I didn't nap...

Ahem, while I was paying attention to the pastor, yeah that's it. A couple ushers saw Kylie's interest in coloring so they brought her a few crayons and MORE paper.

I glanced down halfway through the service and saw her drawing frantically, she was drawing a person with what looked to me like three legs, trying not to be a dirty minded person, I was a little uncomfortable with the drawing. I leaned down and asked Kylie who she was drawing and she said 'A person'.. Hmm, interesting.. I left it at that, still a little uncomfortable..

After service we got home and a proud Kylie showed her picture to Mom. Mom did what I didn't want to do.. Mom says "Why does this person have 3 legs?"

Well, lets just say this..

- It wasn't a leg.

2 comments:

Token Asian Friend said...

Was it a tail?

Anonymous said...

Ha! Perfect timing in church.