Friday, November 21, 2008

She's related to her Father.

Ky has a favorite day of the week and it happens to be Friday because that is show-and-tell day at school; apparently a very exciting day.

She always asks me "Mom, is it Friday today?"

I respond with "No, it's Wednesday."

She then says, "Will it be Friday tomorrow?"

I say, "No, then it will be Thursday."

So she gets mad at me and says, "Mom, you never let it be Friday!!"

Yes, all things are my fault.

Anyway, so we pick out this cute outfit for her to wear on her favorite day: Black dress, red turtle neck and red tights (Yes, the UTES are playing BYU this weekend, it's festive). As I am finishing my morning routine of getting ready I tell her to get her show-and-tell, put her coat on and put her shoes on- and we are off. We get to her school and she hops out of the car and all I see are BROWN shoes! UGH!

"You really put on brown shoes today?"

"Yes, mom."

"You are wearing a black dress, why didn't you put on your black shoes?"

"Cause I'm wearing a brown coat, that matches my brown shoes Mom."

Well, I guess I can't argue with that, sounds like something her father would say. ;D I should pay better attention.

3 comments:

Token Asian Friend said...

I don't get it, what exactly is the problem?

Lar. said...

Oh no, it's an asian thing!!!

Lisa said...

I feel your pain! Emma gets mad at me when I won't let her wear black boots with pink and white shorts!